Monday, November 3, 2008

Rollins 1st Annual Halloween Bash

If any of you read Matt's blog you are well aware of the fog fiasco at our Halloween party on Friday night.  My version of the story is somewhat different...

As most parties go, the men stayed outside with their smokes and stories, humoring each other in the freezing cold, while their much more sensible halves stayed inside listening out for the sleeping babies.  Sometime late in the night, while we were helping ourselves to heaping scoops of Lindy's bean dip, the men decided to come inside and with them came "the fog."  Now, I, like Matt, was shamefully excited about having a fog machine at our party.  Unlike him, I care very little for Halloween, but I'm all for setting the mood, and I thought the fog machine would do the trick.  I soon forgot about the fog machine and the creepy entrance it was supposed to provide because it hadn't worked all night...until the boys decided to come into our world.  They, with the least of concern, brought "the fog" into the apartment.  Now us ladies, thinking of the sleeping babes, were concerned about the effect the smokiness would have on the little ones.  While we where sitting aroundasking the inevitable questions, "the fog" filled the room like a blanket and our eyes started to burn.  We were told there was nothing toxic in the fog and not to worry...even when the question was asked about "the fog" setting off the fire alarm, once again, we were told not to worry.  Shortly after the men (among them was the Joker, Ron Burgundy, the Big Bad Wolf, and Billy Ray Cyrus) went back outside to entertain themselves, I started towards the door to investigate this problem they left with us.  About halfway down the hall, it happened.  The fire alarm was screaming and so was Levi.  I was fanning "the fog" with a broom under the alarm, which did nothing, and I kept turning off the alarm, which also did nothing.  After all of our effort, and unplugging the cursed fog machine, the sound of sirens coming down main street caught our attention.  Before I could make it to the windows, which were now open with "the fog" escaping, the trucks were pulling up and the people at Monkeez Brew, including my concerned parents, were crowding the sidewalk.  I tried to shout out to the firemen before Matt made it to the window, because I knew if they were not already angry about being called out to handle our fog problem, they really would be hot when they saw the Joker hanging out the window.  Despite my effort, the Joker made it to the window and his shouting now accompanied mine which I'm sure was very confusing to our rescuers below.  I just gave up and joined our guests inside as we laughed hysterically at the situation and at the creepy face the firemen were conversing with.  Hopefully next year's Halloween party will not be as eventful.  I do agree with Matt, I think next year, we take the chaos to someone else's house.  










3 comments:

Heather said...

I so heard about you Halloween story Monday night at the coffee house. I, too got a good laugh out of it too. I am glad everyone especially my little man is ok.

Lindsey Broere said...

ha ha ha...that last picture is priceless!

Thanks for a great party...hate I had to leave so early and miss the fireworks ;-)

Natasha said...

Now...that's an exciting Halloween party. :) The blog made me laugh out loud!!! I wish I could have been there... :)