Sunday, June 15, 2008

To Blog or Not to Blog...

I am not naturally a conformer and I don't like the bandwagons people jump on with the newest craze...in this case....BLOGGING. However, this idea of sharing my daily experiences, as intriguing as they are, is growing on me. The main reason that I've decide to jump aboard is because of a promise I made to my sister-in-law, Lindy. Lindy and Chris are leaving tomorrow on an adventure for Christ...they have accepted the call into missions in Nairobi, Kenya and will be making a home there until they are called back to the states. Matt and I feel like we're losing our right arms and we're right-handed which make it very difficult to function normally, but we'll manage. We're not promised another day on this earth or another day with Chris and Lindy and we certainly don't deserve the time we've had. Our friendship with "Team Thompson" goes beyond family ties and beyond best friends...it is a spiritual connection and a relationship that we value deeply. And how is it awesome to share in such in this experience despite the sadness? This is my first blog and it will be short. Chris and Lindy are here at our house, not to say "goodbye," but to say "see ya later," and we can't wait...we miss them already!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Love! I am SO PROUD of you for blogging ... whoa! It will be so much fun to stay updated on Levi. I love that little guy so much. And I love you guys! We are so blessed to have such amazing friends. Have an awesome week m'dear and call me if you need chocolate!!

Lindsey Broere said...

YAY...you are here! I am so excited to be able to keep up with little Levi. Which really...there is no excuse for me not to keep up with him in person :-)

Love you...let me know if you guys need anything this week--I'm with Emily--I can supply chocolate and ice cream

The Beaver Bunch said...

"You lead on me and I'll lean on you, that way, we won't sleep with our heads in the mud."

Sometimes, Forrest Gump can say it all.

min-min said...

Here i am---thank you guys so much for sharing Levi through blogs! Sometimes i feel so distant even though we are one door away from each other. Beth, i praise God for the woman you have become. From the whiny child (trust me, i WAS good back then) to this amazing, Godly woman---we are all blessed to have you in our lives---Much love

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your blog link!! I was wondering how you & the fam was doing!! Now I know!! Levi is precious... motherhood suits you!!

Hope all is well!