Saturday, July 26, 2008

Romania Team Update

This afternoon, I was able to talk to my Matt, via Skype, and was glad to hear that the Romania Team, despite extreme weariness, are doing well. They arrived in Budapest yesterday and did some sightseeing for a few hours, which I'm not quite sure they'll remember considering their lack of sleep from traveling...jet lag is a beast! Today they drove into Romania and are staying in the city of Oradea. Tomorrow (well actually in a few hours for them), they will travel to the village where the children attending their camp are from and will go to church and eat with them. Monday morning they will go back to the village, get the children, and then off to camp until Saturday morning. It still amazes me that these parents, many of whom are Greek Orthodox, will allow their children to board a bus, full of strange Americans, and send their children off to a Christian camp. Praise the Lord! This is such an incredible opportunity for anybody to experience, but I'm especially excited that our students get to share in the joy of teaching others about Christ before they go off to college. Many of these Romanian children have not heard the Bible stories we grew up hearing and for some, they have not even heard of Christ. Please be in prayer for these children, the church in the village (I know the name, but I'm not even going to attempt to spell it...), and for our team of students, youth workers, and adults as they minister to these children within this upcoming week. It is a very exhausting camp, not to mention the fact that you never really recover from the time change (they're 7 hours ahead of us), so also be in prayer for the team as they play, teach, craft, and mold these children with energy they never knew they had. Also be in prayer for the homes that these children go back to after camp is over. Many of these children will make professions of faith and then return home to a family of unbelievers and a community who does not know the love of Christ. God will do amazing things in the lives of the Romanian children, their families, community, and in the lives of those serving...He is already and always does...



This is a picture of the camp in August, 2006

4 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

Glad to hear they made it to Romania safely! I'm so excited for Matt and all of those involved--and especially the little ones. How cool to be able to hear about the adventures of David for the very first time...and even better, to learn about the love of God.

I played with little Levi yesterday and even got some sweet little giggles. I sniffed his little baby feet (is that weird?), kissed his toes, listened to him sing and then tried to take him home with me, but I was stopped by his KoKo :-)

Natasha said...

Thanks for the update Beth. I really enjoy reading about the many wonderful things God is doing in Romania. I will continue to pray for Matt, the youth, and the Romanian children.

The Beaver Bunch said...

Thanks for the update....and I really like your new blog header.

AnniePat said...

aw, my daddy's in that pic! thanks for the update...i wouldn't've heard a thing till next week!