Thursday, July 31, 2008

Home Away from Home

I apologize for the slack in posts.  I've been staying with my parents this week while Matt's out of town and we've been incredibly busy.  I've been helping my mother around the house with cleaning out my old bedroom and purging a heap of useless stuff.  It is amazing what you accumulate and how you think you'll never get rid of it, then one day, all of a sudden, you want to light it all on fire because it disgusts you to even imagine going through it all.  Despite my impatience, I've finished and what a great feeling, although I'm incredibly ashamed at myself for all the junk that I've held onto for so long.

We've also been doing some gardening and enjoying the fruits of our labor (well, okay...my Dad's labor...).  We've had fresh cucumbers, corn, green beans, tomatoes, cantaloupe, and grapes (my favorite!).  It has always been such a good feeling to be at my parent's home.  I love the outdoors and Matt and I just don't get to enjoy it as much in the city.  Soon, God willing, we'll be building down the hill from my parent's home and will get to enjoy our bare feet in the grass more often.  It has also been nice having help with Levi (you know how grandparents can be).  I feel like we've been on a mini vacation in our home away from home.  Although it has been wonderful spending time with my parents and just doing this and that around their home, I do look forward to Matt coming home...I miss having him around.  Plus, Levi is changing so much everyday.  I wonder how different he'll seem when Matt returns Sunday night.

Here's some pics from today...

This afternoon Levi and I were snappin' beans on the front porch and I think the combination of the exersaucer and the heat wore him out.  He fell asleep in seconds and apparently put his pacifier in his mouth.  The pictures below are of how I found him after I finished snapping beans.  


Today was my parent's 32nd wedding anniversary.  To celebrate, we went downtown T-ville to the summer "concert" series at the gazebo.  Can I get a "woo-hoo?"  I think the only exciting thing happening was with my little boy.  Here he is with his Pappy.  Take notice...he's sitting up a little bit!  



Here I believe he's had enough!  I couldn't agree with him more!

8 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

Seriously, how in the world has his head not fallen off yet....he's THAT cute. Uuuugh, if I could squeeze him through this stinkin' computer you'd be in trouble missy!

Unknown said...

Can I have your Levi... he's the cutest thing... I'm awwing just looking at him. Ok... maybe not HAVE, how about borrow? He's precious!! (as are you!!)

Love You!!

Anonymous said...

Listen here beaver crunch...i mean bunch- there will be no squeezing of my nephew. I will him not to be squished!
Thanks,
management


B- I just about can't stand myself. I love those cute fat legs. He looks like a little froggy when he's sitting up. I LOVE IT! Oh- and how in the world does he loook so much like Matt!!?? It's crazy. (Well, maybe b/c he had a part in it) Have you guys looked at his baby pictures? UGh... CUTIE PIE! Can't wait to hold him and love him soon!

Natasha said...

What a hansome young man...I wonder where he gets that from? :) There's nothing better than spending some time with the grandparents, and I'm sure your mom and dad are the best grandparents ever. Congrats on their 32nd wedding anniversary...that's awesome!!

Chasity Evans said...

I know matt hates the comparison and he might kill me when he gets home but i ONLY did it because i promised Chris, Lindy & Matt B. i would have it on a shirt before chris & lindy left but unfourtantly i wasn't able to get it printed before they left and so i put it on my blog.

Unknown said...

I know!! I miss GK so much!!! They should probably just come home RIGHT now!! Sound good?

Lindsey Broere said...

Can I come and enjoy the fruits of your dad's labor too? YUMMY!

I can't imagine there being any junk in your old closet/play room :-) I wish I could have been there to see some of that quality "junk"

Sorry we've missed you this week! Maybe next?

Matt Rollins said...

These are great pics to come home to. The very last one looks like there's an old dude in the background pushing Eddie around on some kind of wagon. I know, my imagination is a rare one.