Friday, August 1, 2008

My Prayer...


Yes, I feel like one of those teenage relationships who mark every month with an anniversary, but I have to share that today is Levi's half year birthday.  Six months ago our world changed in a way greater than I could have ever imagined.  When I take a moment to try and absorb the whirlwind these past few months have been, I stand in awe.  I have to thank our Maker for blessing us with such a wonderful son and for giving him to us to take care of on this earth.  Many times I have to remind myself that he's mine only for a short time on this earth.  Like any mother, I have countless dreams and hopes for my little boy.  It is a cruel world and evil is lurking around every corner, but there is good out there and I pray he stays out of the dark and in the light...

My prayer is that he, above all things, has a personal relationship with Christ.  I pray he is good to the core and that he loves our Father and seeks His will daily.  I pray that he always respects women and his elders and that he's a good listener.  I pray he is a thinker and doesn't make rash decisions.  I pray he's comfortable in his own skin and has no desire to work at following the latest trends.  I pray he seeks out friends with similar qualities.  I pray he is always polite, even when others are not.  I pray his role models are Christ, Matt, Chad (my brother), Chris (my brother-in-law), Pappy (my father), his Papaw (Matt's father), my Papaw and Pop...these are the greatest men I know and I pray Levi will consider himself blessed to be in their company.  I pray he's humble, kind to animals, loves God's beautiful creation, and feels responsible to take care of all the Lord blesses him with.   I pray he seeks a godly woman who will offer him uninhibited love and support.  I pray he willingly serves others and has a heart for the less fortunate.  

I know these are such heavy requests for a little, innocent boy.  I also know that one day (all too soon I'm afraid) he will be a man and more than anything, I pray his eyes are on Christ during this journey.  

Through your triumphs and failures, I pray your eyes are on your Maker, little one...

I love you with all of my heart!    

5 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

And can you pray that he marries my daughter :-) KIdding (sort of).

Little Levi has some amazing examples--namely his mommy! A lot of the things you are praying about for your little guy are things that I've always LOVED about you! Somehow a blog comment doesn't seem reallly appropriate for telling you that, but oh well...

Maybe I'll see you--and your sweet little baby-- this morning at the coffee shop..FINGERS CROSSED! I'll be there at around 10:00

Natasha said...

Beautiful Beth!! Just beautiful!! Your prayer brings joyful tears to my eyes. :) Levi is already blessed because he was given to a family who puts Christ as the example in their lives. Because of that, Levi will always have great role models around him. He's going to be a beautiful person...inside and out.

Laura B said...

Beth...I want the same for my boys...hopefully they will all be perfect and if they are not we can blame it on them staying with their Koko..hehe!!!

Chad said we want it all but the being nice to animals part....are you sure you want Levi around him??

The Beaver Bunch said...

I think all mothers (or at least the ones I know) pray these prayers for their little ones. I understand the pleading in your heart, that he would know Christ and love him completely. It is my greatest desire for each of my kids.

Oh, and if the arrangement doesn't work out with Lindsey, Ashlee or Elizabeth could be a 2nd or 3rd option as wife. Luke and I would make some pretty remarkable in-laws. ;-)

cathy hudler said...

Hey,
That is one great prayer. I echo it for my Cody. And the great thing is that this prayer lines right up with God's will so we can be confident that He will see it through!!