Monday, September 22, 2008

Our Weekend...Full of Goodness!

I think Matt would agree with me in saying this was one of the best weekends we've had in a while, and as strange as it may sound, we spent most of our weekend apart.  Matt spent some much needed time in solitude in Sparta where, I believe, he was refreshed and renewed in a way only Christ can bring about.  I'm hoping he'll blog on his experiences...both dangerous and life changing (hint, hint...)!  I spent some quality time with Levi and family.  Levi had a great week last week (he slept through the night twice!!) and although he was sick this weekend, it was just a continuation of such a great week.  It could only have been more perfect if Matt would have been here.  Levi and I slept in, played, rode "Toot-Toot" (as you'll see below), visited with family at Monkeez Brew, and snuggled, snuggled, snuggled!  I am aware of how quickly baby boys learn that it isn't cool to snuggle with their mommies, so I took every opportunity to get my fix!!!  He is doing so much...he is waving "bye, bye" and imitating "mama, dada, and bye-bye."  I'm now trying to teach him to sign "more" during dinner time.  He thinks this is pretty funny and we mostly end up giggling the rest of the meal.  His personality is so precious...I believe we love him more and more every day.  I can't wait to fall in love with him all over again tomorrow...        

The morning after my first full night of sleep!
Look how rested he looks!  


Levi loves to flip around while I'm trying to change him or dress him....he apparently finds this game hilarious.


Riding "Toot-Toot" around Koko's town


Dinner with Grandma at Monkeez Brew


Napping (and drooling) on Pa-Paw after hard core playing (hims doesn't feel good) 

5 comments:

gk said...

Oh my gosh! When did he get so big? I haven't even been gone that long, have I? Tell him to stop growing and learning fun things until I can see him again! I love you, and I miss you sooo much!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Hysterical that he fell asleep on your Dad like that. Too funny!

Lindsey Broere said...

Awwh...doesn't it just melt your heart the more and more they start to really interact with you.

Hint hint...hummm what could Matt have to tell us...I'm dying here. Your blog post sounds very "at peace" so I'm interested....

Special K said...

Holy smokes he is HUGE! I miss getting at least my weekly fix of you Matt and Levi! I really wish I could be there to see him and of course hang out with two of my favorite people in the world! I miss you both a TON!! I cannot wait to hopefully see you all sometime when im back on fall break. Much love!

Natasha said...

Beth...that IS my idea of a perfect weekend!!!

And, yes, as someone else posted...when did Levi grow up so much? He is TOO CUTE!!! I think he looks like you/your family...matter of fact...he looks a lot like Chad. Don't you think?

Thanks for sharing...:)...we need to get together SOON!!! I miss you!!!