Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm back (probably for a short while...)

Hello blogging world!  It seems it has been so long since I've posted anything....I've missed my time in front of the computer screen and have missed sharing my thoughts.  Unfortunately, there hasn't been much to post.  I am now in the swing of things at work...serving kids, paperwork, serving kids, paperwork, paperwork, PAPERWORK!  When I come home, the last place I want to be is in front of the computer.  Some days, I'd love to sneak away and blog at work, but that would be a poor use of my time, and not to mention, against the "rules."  When I get home in the afternoon, it is all about my 'lil family.  I love being at home....cooking with Matt and playing with Levi...I am so blessed.  Levi is starting to "play" now and I'm really enjoying it.  Up until this week, I had a total of 3 toys in the house, only one of which Levi could play with.  So...I made a K-mart run on the way home from work and bought him a couple of toys.  I stood on the toy aisle FOREVER, desperately searching for something made anywhere other than China...no such luck.  He could care less though, he loves playtime and he plays so hard.  

I am loving this stage of his life and I feel like I miss so much of it while I'm at work.  Not that it is an option right now, but I spend so much time in my mind battling between would I want to stay home full-time or continue being a working mom.  I LOVE to work...I come from a family of hardworking people and it has always been my nature to enjoy work, whether paid or unpaid.  I also really enjoy my job, good days and bad, and am so grateful to be in the place and profession that I'm in.  With that said, I'd also love to invest all of that energy in my baby, my home, my husband.  Patience, patience, patience...in His time.... 

  

3 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

YAY...welcome back :-)

Maybe "all in His time" will be really quick...maybe spring picnics at the park with your best Lexington buddy quick...okay okay okay...spring or fall.

I have your hoodie...I WILL get it back to you :D

Only Servants Ministries said...

you're not fooling anyone.... you guys are sacrificing b/c you are giving! Yea- don't think I'm gonna keep that a secret!

Love you guys. hugs and kisses to my lil' guy. Tell him to save up hims sugar for me...

Our Journey to Rwanda said...

Beth- Remember, the deal still stands- if you want to know how to live cheap on one salary, I'm your girl!! As I told Jessica Beaver when she was dealing with the same struggle...there will always be other speech therapists, (nowhere near as great as you!)but only one person in the whole universe called to be Levi's mommy. It's an amazing thing and it's only for such a short season...just a thought.