Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dear "Anonymous"...

This post is the result of some interesting comments I received on my last post.  I never imagined one brief collection of my thoughts after the election would spark so many comments from anonymous readers.  Let me begin by apologizing for any offense I caused to any of you who frequent my blog...that was not my intention.  I was preparing to sit down tonight and respond to the first anonymous comment and then saw that there were several more...some attacking me and one siding with me...I'm not sure what I should respond to first. 

I will begin by clearing up some misunderstanding...I never stated that our President Elect was "immoral."  I was referring to the "change" that he has promised us....I believe his ideals are "immoral."  I know nothing about him as a person, as none of us do, and would not be bold enough to judge him and the way he lives his life.  I can assure you I am not without sin and I certainly will not be casting any stones.  If I came across as "judgmental," I again apologize.  I was also accused of being "close-minded."  If by close-minded you mean believing in ONE truth and ONE way and not tolerating anything other than that truth, then maybe I am.  As a Christian, I believe that the Word of God, the Bible, is full of truths, promises, and instructions on how we should live on this Earth and, fail as I many times do, I try to live my life according to these truths.  When I referred to Obama's administration as being "immoral" and "radical," I was mainly referring to his stance on abortion.  His stance on abortion conflicts entirely with what God teaches us in the Bible and what He commands of us....it is immoral and is unacceptable, not by my standards, but by God's.  When I claimed that "my heart was sick as I imagined the immoral "change" that would soon darken the doors of the White House," I was referring to our nation's unborn children that would lose their right to live because our new president views unwanted pregnancies as "punishment."  

As an American, despite my disagreements with our nation's choice, I can assure you I will support him and his administration....and, as I stated in my previous post, I will continue to pray for him and his family.  I am not a sore loser....I never have been.  I know God is in control and if it wasn't His will for our country to elect Mr. Obama, then it wouldn't be so.  

4 comments:

Natasha said...

Beth...I appreciate you taking the time to respond to these "anonymous" blog readers. I find it interesting that they have not responded to the many other beautiful blogs that you have written, but all of a sudden want to state their "opinions" now. I think the right thing to do is to pray that these people with such hateful comments will one day come to know Jesus, our saviour.

I appreciate you standing up for our God...the ONE who is in control...and the ONE who we will ALL bow down to.

I join you in prayer for Obama, our country, and the many lost souls in our nation. And, I will also pray that God may bless you for standing up for Him. It's great to be a child of God! :)

Love you Beth!!

Anonymous said...

In response to "Natasha", please know that your prayers for me are not necessary. It is people like this (radical Christians) who drive normal people like me out of church. Thanks for that...

"Natasha", you come across as very condesending. Is that what Jesus would do?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clearing up the context of your comments. While we disagree, at least I can see where you are coming from now.

Lindsey Broere said...

Boy aren't you popular...who knew a couple of sentences on YOUR blog...featuring YOUR thoughts could be up for condemnation...geeze people...get a grip and let it go...

It is my humble opinion (please summon the poop to hit the fan) that if the anonymous people out there knew you...they would better understand your blog post...they should probably take a bit of time to dig into your blog and get to know the humble, beautiful, gentle Beth that I love so much :-)

Okay....going to grab my poop protection gear from Layla's changing table...HAhahahahaha