Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Musings on Motherhood

I realize it has been a while since I've posted pics of my 'lil bundle.  He's already almost 10 months old and I can hardly imagine how much faster time will fly.  I find myself often torn between getting excited about his next phase and wanting to hit the pause button and let time stand still.  My baby is almost finished being a baby...this part of motherhood is so hard!  

I've recently been realizing the challenge of raising Levi and instilling in him what God calls me to as his mother.  I want so much for him.  I think mostly of his character and the values he will possess.  I pray he always clings to Christ and does not back down when he's challenged because of his beliefs.  I want him to realize what is important in life and how to spend his time and I pray, pray, pray he IGNORES what today's media depicts as acceptable.  A lot of these thoughts of mine have been building in anticipation of Christmas.  As new parents, it is tempting to dive into all the hoop-la of Christmas, but I want to be very careful as to how Matt and I begin our traditions with Levi.  I don't want him to ever question the true meaning of Christmas.  Most of these thoughts are the result of a recent staff meeting at the school where I work.  I won't even get started on what that's all about....that is another blog in itself...stay tuned!

Here's some recent pics of Levi Buttonfly.  Enjoy and have a Happy THANKSgiving!

5 comments:

Natasha said...

Beautiful pictures Beth!!! :) Levi's smile is contagious!!

You and Matt are such great parents. God will bless your family because you are putting Christ first, especially during the time of the year where his arrival here on Earth should be celebrated. Yes, that's right...CHRISTmas is meant to celebrate the birth of our savior. I'm so proud of you for wanting to enstill the TRUE celebration in your son.

Love ya bunches and would love to see you over the Christmas break. :)

Lindsey Broere said...

That last picture is priceless. Was he taking a self portrait? SO FUNNY!

Um yeah...I think I've said at least a dozen times how "this age is my favorite age"...HA! It just keeps getting better doesn't it?

I listened to pop radio the other day for 10 minutes and became so disturbed and worried for my little girl...the images of what's cool for a girl today has changed so much and it is SCAREY. Can't they just listen to the Wiggles for the rest of their lives?

Love ya Beth...you guys have a great Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful to have such an adorably cute nephew. I also am very thankful to have such wonderful family...I cannot imagine my life without the Brinkley's and Rollins!

Our Journey to Rwanda said...

He just gets cuter every day!!This first Christmas with him will be like no other you and Matt have ever shared. The wonder, the joy, the delight and the realization of what God the Father gave to us will be more real than ever. I am so excited for both of you!
Love-emily b

Only Servants Ministries said...

hey you now need to get a pic of matt and levi together with their toboggans. now that matt has a black one with strings. that would make me happy- too cute.