Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Angels Among Us


Being at home with Levi has been such a joy this summer. Without question, I enjoy spending time with him, playing with him, smelling him, kissing him, but my time off also allows me time to do other things. Yesterday afternoon Levi and I went with my Mimi to visit her sister Louise in the nursing home.  What a blessing it was. Louise and their other sister have lived next door to Mimi for years until her other sister remarried.  After the marriage, Louise moved, without complaint, to a nursing home.  As a child, Louise suffered several seizures brought upon by spiked temperatures which resulted from a mosquito bite.  Strange, huh???  This left her mentally disabled and unable to live by herself.  Despite her disability, Louise is an incredible woman.  She, without question, is an angel among us.  She has the kindest disposition and never once complains, not even about the fact that she had just had a fairly large seizure at lunch yesterday.  As a child, I remember playing with her, making silly faces, and laughing...Louise loves to laugh.  In fact, she got herself tickled yesterday and couldn't stop!  What a heart she has and such a peace.  I'm convinced there's not a finer woman.  We often push people aside who don't appear "normal" to us instead of taking time to learn from them and their character traits.  Louise could teach us a lot about loving life, loving her family, and loving her Lord.  She doesn't sweat the small stuff and is just happy to be anywhere.   Thank you God for Louise and for the angel you created her to be.

4 comments:

Only Servants Ministries said...

I love it! She really is so precious! I remember the first time i met her- i didn't know anything about her. She just reached her hand out to me and wanted to hold my hand... i think she may have told me that she loved me. How cool is it that the Lord probably speaks more through people like her because they are more willing to be used and listen. I love it B! (I also love that pic of Levi on the slide show where it looks like he is holding the camera out taking a picture of himself! haha! How did you make that side show? Linders wants one!)

Only Servants Ministries said...

Anxiously awaiting your promised video of my nephew!

Anonymous said...

How precious!!! I'm so glad you went with mom to see Louise!! I'll bet she was "tickled" to see both of you!!!!
Love you Beth

min-min said...

Beth-check it out...i started a blog!!! Still need your help though! min-min-thesimplerlife.blogspot.com
Hope y'all are having fun!