Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Feels Good

***I apologize for the delay in submitting this post. We were at the Outer Banks during the week of the 4th and although I tried to update my blog on my vacation, my attempts were unsuccessful due to a poor internet connection. Oh well...I'm sure none of you were anxiously waiting for my next post anyway...

Family vacations have always been one of my most favorite things. For lack of a better way to describe them, they just make me feel good! I can't think of a better way to let off some steam and enjoy true fellowship and with my family. We sleep in (well for those without a 5 month old), toss grooming aside, cook our meals together, and just cut loose for a full week. We typically vacation during the week of July 4th in Avon, NC where my parents own a beach house. We spend the week lazily fishing, soaking up the sun, eating massive amounts of food (one of my other favorite pastimes), and finish the week with a half hour fireworks display, compliments of the Avon Pier next door to our home. This year we went with my parents, my brother and his family, and Auntie Lynda. My roommate from college lives a couple of hours away in VA Beach, so this year she and her family rented a condo and celebrated the 4th with us as well. Levi seemed to enjoy his first vacation...he honestly slept through most of it as you'll see in the slideshow to the right. Enjoy!

5 comments:

gk said...

I love Levi! He's my favorite baby in the whole world. I'm pretty glad he's yours! :)

Lindsey Broere said...

Oh my goodness, Beth! I could eat him up with a spoon. Please never cut or style his hair any differently :-) Sort of makes me ready for another baby...sort of.

Natasha said...

Beth...what a joy it was to look at the pictures. What a precious blessing it is to have Levi (and the rest of your wonderful family). Thanks so much for sharing. The super cute, "oh my goodness" pictures of the kiddos that you, Linds, and Tiff show me make me want a baby...I think... :) Love ya...Natasha

AnniePat said...

you have got one cute baby on your hands!

Only Servants Ministries said...

Thanks for the cry fest guys! Gez! We might need to go back to FL. this Nov. when we get home.
For your information, I was anxiously awaiting the new post. Really. I miss him sooooo much (and of course his parents too). I just want one little sugar! I think it might would be on his little chunk legs, but I might would go for the cheek. I dunno. That's a toughy. There were so many ultra cute pictures. Do you mind get a few printed out for me and give them to Casey before they come. I'm a ding dong and didn't think the bring any pictures. In fact if you have and 8X10... I have a frame for it already here! Also have some 4x7 and a big fridge door. I love yall...and miss you almost as much.