Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday BABY!


Okay, this title may be misleading.....I guess I should say, "Happy Birthday to my other BABY!".  Yes, today Matt turns another year older (I'm still 4 days wiser...) and he's celebrating his birthday at a convention in Atlanta, so send him happy birthday wishes...I know he'd love it!  
I'm just missing him while he's away and wanted to spend this post celebrating my dearest friend, my husband.  For those of you who have been with us on our long journey, you know that we truly are best friends....we have been for half of our lives...hard to believe, but true.  Yes, Matt has been charming me now for 14 years and he keeps on going!  Here's a list of what I love about my husband....

1.  He loves me all the time.  Even when I wake up with my hair all a mess and wearing who knows what (usually covered in dried spit up!).
2.  He absolutely cannot listen to anything I say while playing with Levi because he's so involved with the 'lil man (this actually does drive me nuts when I have something important to say...).
3.  He is one of the most dependable people I know.  He rarely makes promises he cannot keep.
4.  He is pretty stinkin' hilarious with his random thoughts and freaky dreams.  I'm not sure where he comes up with this stuff, but he keeps me laughing.
5.  Speaking of dreams...he always manages to remember his very disturbed, detailed oriented dreams, and loves to share them with me in the morning.  His mind can be a crazy thing...
6.  He is a hard worker and takes pride in the work he does.  In the past year, Matt has left his career in law enforcement and started an entirely new career in sales.  I have been so proud of him and how he's adjusted to the changes and the sacrifices he's made.  
7.  He is good with his hands and if he doesn't know how to do something, he tries to figure it out.
8.  He is superb at choosing the perfect card and writing lots of good stuff on the inside.  If he makes a mistake, he just turns the scribble into an interesting picture...sometimes it is a sailboat, skull & bones, fish bones, heart...I never know what to expect!
9.  He is the least pickiest person I know when it comes to food.  He'll eat whatever I cook and pretend to love it.  As long as there is meat in it, I usually can't go wrong.
10.  He is the best person to be with when experiencing something or somewhere new...he's like a child.  He just can't contain his excitement sometimes...
11.  He loves every kind of music...from 80's love songs to eardrum exploding rock to techno to lullabies.  I'm not quite sure he's in to show tunes or rap...but everything else is pretty much game.
12.  He will try anything once.
13.  He is one of the bravest people I know and because of that, I always feel safe with him.
14.  He undoubtedly loves the Lord and strives to please him as a father, in our marriage, and in his daily walk.


If you have anything to add to my list please do so on my comments!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!!!

9 comments:

gk said...

Matt is also..

1. An awesome teacher who is very good at articulating his thoughts.
2. One of the best people to go to if you need Scripture to help get you through a hard time.
3. Very very missed by me, and all of the other people in our class who have left for college, as are you!

Love you! I'll be home Aug. 31!!

Special K said...

All that Grace posted is backed by me. He is also..
1. He is a GREAT friend.
2. Similar to Grace, He is FANTASTIC at helping through struggles.
3. He is SUPER honest and I really hope that I can be that honest with people.
4. He is GREAT at challenging me to do bigger and better things.
5.also backing up Grace, I miss him dearly and cannot wait to see all of you when I come back!

Miss you and Love you tons! I will also be home on the 30th and the 31st.

Only Servants Ministries said...

1. He can sweat on command.
2. He can make bodily noises on command.
3. He'd do anything for those he loves.
4. He's the kind best friend you'd want in life.

~CT

Lindsey Broere said...

1-He loves cheese...entire plates of cheese..plates of cheese that go by the name of Plowman's Platter (which makes you think they may be intended for a REALLY big man or a table full of people--not just one little ol' Matt)

2-You could make a book out of his random one-liners. He's made me laugh until my eyes water on multiple occasions.

3-He's the only man/person I've ever met that made you (Beth) feel vulnerable...so I KNEW he was a keeper ;-)

4-He's a loyal friend to my husband...a friend that gives amazing advice and someone who I am so thankful has found their place in Neil's life.

Happy B-day Matt...perhaps we need to make a trip out to La Cava...I'm just sayin

cathy hudler said...

The more I get to know him, the more I like him. He's very easy to make friends with. I'm glad to know you both!

Anonymous said...

He's been my shield and protector for longer than my husband. Even if he messed up a few time as children on the "protector" part and thought himself more of a provoker.

He's been my best friend for almost 26 years. He's so good at that.

His facial expressions really make me wet my self a bit.

He'd risk getting worms (his ultimate fear) just to come see us over here.

He's always picked on me, but somehow he makes me feel more loved.

He makes a really cute baby!!

Love yall so much. I realized on Tuesday in kawangware that is was Aug 19th! I said to my friends "today is my brothers birthday... only he's in Atlanta... and I can't call him".

Anonymous said...

Oh, there are SO many things to love about Matt ... as mentioned by many, he is such a Godly man. I am so honored to watch him and Cory work together as the "men of our class". I love Matt's intense desire to know and understand scripture. I also love Matt's dedication to his family. He adores his family and shows that everyday. I love the way that he just gets to you Beth!!! And, I love that he is such an amazing dad ... I'll never forget being at the hospital with you guys and Levi - Matt was an instant superdad carrying that little guy around and taking care of B. Matt is also an incredible friend - we can always, always count on him for support, love, prayer, etc. etc.

And, this post would not be complete without mention of Matt's wit. We stinkin' love hanging out with you guys. One of my favorite things about Matt is his ability to make crazy facial expressions and to contort his body into strange shapes - I love that ostrich thing that he does. Hehe.

Love you two SO MUCH! We are blessed to have such wonderful friends. And Matt, we love and adore you and we are honored to be your friend! Happy Bday buddy!

Matt Rollins said...

Wow, thanks baby. I honestly just got the chance to read this.... and I could not have asked for a better gift. Nowadays, "things" don't really matter anymore... but compliments like these are priceless to me... so thank you! Here are a couple more advantages to knowing me that you may not have thought of.....

1) I can smell things really good from far away, even with my eyes closed.
2) I can flick a paper football 3 meters.
3) I can peel a banana and sweat like I've been running suicides. Let me do the talking and I'll make it look like we've been working really hard...
4) You can make me angry at breakfast.... but by lunch I've forgotten that you did. (not on purpose)
5) I am the last white 28 year old interpretive dancer left in North America.
6) I am allergic to the thought of mayonnaise.... OH LORD... I have to go.

Anonymous said...

OHHHH Matt!

I hope you had a great birthday. Just reading your comments about yourself reminded me of why I love you and Beth so much.

You are one of the few people who can make me laugh until I cry, you are a wonderful husband to my girl, you are so respectful of other people and I admire that in you, and when you are paying attention you are a really good listener and that shows how much you really care about the people in your life